Thursday, May 8, 2008

London Journal--Days 1 & 2

Day 1. So happy. So so happy. And tired. But happy.

Day 2. Not so happy.

My British Library Reader's Card has expired. So, I figured, no problem: renewal, another scary photo, and back with the rare books. But no. Due to increased security, I did not have enough proper identification with me. Old Reader's Card? Sorry. Passport? Not enough. Faculty ID, Business Cards, Credit Cards, Pre-printed Bank Deposit Slip (and who knows why I have one of those here)? Too bad. Tomorrow, we will see if my Voter's Registration Card (again, why do I have this? when I emptied my wallet and left my driver's license at home, apparently stupidly despite the fact that I will not be driving a car, yet did so On Purpose) will be adequate proof of my scholarly trustworthiness.

Also, no more off-shore bank account. Ha.

1 comment:

alice kyteler said...

Jeez, don't they recognize a Literary Goddess when they see one? No wonder they lost the war. . .